One of the very big advantages of killspam is that it will hold and attempt redilvery of your email to its destination for 8 days, so that vital emails will not be rejected in the event that you providers email servers dissapear.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, we only have access to delivery staus reports, the email headers and reasons why an email was rejected
Yes, we can do this for you, but it will require the site name, username and password that you will have received when setting up your domain.
Head towards our products link on the home page and select the service you require, if you are using the personal service there is no financial information collected, ie, credit cards / paypal etc is not requested, its a 100% free service but you will have to complete your details. Once finished, annotate your domain name on the shop form and we will be advised, and then tell you when to change your mx records.
There are many options available to you, a list of these are below:
- Address : you can monitor more than one mailbox with permission
- What to do with spam : quarrantine, deliver with a keyword in the subject line or immediate delete
- Retain error messages
- Report delivery frequency
- Format of reports
- Where to send the reports
- Quarrantine format
- Control user related messages
- Create an address group
- View all quarrantine items
- Release quarrantined messages
- Report a false positive (unlikely)
- Purge the quarrantine
- Manually send the report
- Selectable online activity statistics
Once you are setup, you have access to your control panel, you can log into this by using your current email password and email address, or, if you did not want to use this (or cant remember it), we can setup an alternative set of login credentials. When you are in the panel, you will see a 60 day log of all items marked as spam, virus, malware or dangerous, you can also inspect the email header and choose to release it for delivery and even advise us in the very unlikely event that you conside this to be a valid message.
After you have selected your killspam package, we will be advised of you domain name and will setup the serice on our systems, after which we will send you an email saying its complete. Then you can change the DNS MX records, and there will be no loss of service to you. Please be aware that it can take upto 72 hours for the new records to propogate so the resuults of the killspam service may not be seen until then.
For each service level we have different MX records.
- mailscano1.codescanner.co.uk with a pref of 5
- mailscan02.codescanner.co.uk with a pref of 10
- mailscan01.cc5d.com with a pref of 5
- mailscan02.cc5d.com with a pref of 10
- mailscan01.transcom.net with a pref of 5
- mailscan02.transcom.net with a pref of 10